Sunday 24 May 2015

One Year On (Then Vs Now)

This post may include some triggering "eating disorder" habits, read with caution 


In this post I'll be comparing how things were a year ago for me (mental health wise) vs now! Although, a year ago things were really good for me so there's nothing to compare. So I'll be comparing now to around 18 months ago when I was about to be admitted to hospital.

I hope this post will show how may positive changes can happen in your life when you start recovery. So let's begin! :) 




Then; Keeping a "food diary" of every item of food in the kitchen, so when we had meals I could know how many calories were in everything without having to ask my mum.
Now; Not knowing and not caring what's in meals/items of foods. Also not keeping the diary! 

Then; "Body checking" multiple times a day, and taking pictures day-by-day to track "progress".
Now; Not taking pictures of my body (unless it's an ordinary selfie haha) and not looking for progress.

Then; Wanting to die rather than gaining weight.
Now; Gaining weight doesn't phase me (to some extent) and I'd rather live my life rather than die. 

Then; Thinking I was obese with a BMI less than 15.
Now; Understanding that I'm not obese and never was. I know have a healthy BMI and feel great and healthy!!
Then; Letting the voices in my head control everything I did.
Now; Having complete control over blanking the voice and ignoring it and not giving in to it's "orders".

Then; Restricting my calories to the extreme 
Now; Eating over the recommend daily amount for women and not feeling guilty 

Then; Crying over pretty much everything over 5 times a day
Now; Not crying over everything and anything and feeling as though I can deal with things!
Then; Being terrified of gaining weight 
Now; The thought not scaring me and I'm able to except it

Then; Hiding food in every way possible (in clothes, in pockets etc)
Now; Not looking for ways to hide food


And there are plenty more positive changes which recovery has brought to my life!!!

Izzy

1 comment:

  1. You have come so far Izzy. You should be so proud of the strength and determination you have demonstrated. Well done! :) x

    ReplyDelete