Sunday 17 May 2015

About Me and Random Facts!

I was just looking back at the posts which I have currently done on my blog and discovered I still haven't done an "about" me post, so the majority of you don't know anything about me! My blog is already very personal as I talk about past experiences with mental health issues, so it's only right I share other things about me with you all! 

So My name is Izzy (Full name Isabel!) and I'm 18 (2nd January!) and I currently live in the Midlands in England. I've lived in the same town all of my life but I have moved house a few times!! As my parents are divorced I live in two homes. At my mums house I live with my mum, my sister and our pet cat Ruby who I love. I love cats (that's another fact about me) and however "sad" it is to say it I consider my cat to be one of my 'best friends'. We'll talk more about my love of cats later any way. Then at my dads house there's just my dad, me and again my sister! 

As I'm writing this post I am currently in my last week ever of education! YAY! This thought does scare me a little though. After Sixth Form is over I'm taking a gap year to continue working at my job. I did get into university to study Mental Health Nursing but I felt as though this year wasn't the "right" year for me to go and I needed another year to decide if I actually wanted to go to uni! 

So some random facts about me are; 
• I love things to be clean. No I'm not going around saying "OMG I SOOOOO HAVE OCD!!!" as that's not what OCD is about. But I do like my things clean and I look after everything I have. I like to think of objects as having "feelings" so I don't like to hurt them...That sounds weird yes but it's just what goes on in my mind lol :)
• Similar to liking things clean, I like to be organised. I have to know what I'm doing in advance and hate doing things out of the ordinary and things without planning. I like knowing when I'm working a few weeks in advance so I can plan things around that. The same with social gatherings, I don't like my friend just ringing me up and asking me to go out as I haven't prepared for it.
• I love cats. I mentioned this at the start of the post but I actually think I'm obsessed with them! They make me so happy seeing them and stroking them! It's an obsession I swear. My cat is one of my favourite "people" (well cat) ever and I hate the thought of anything bad happening to her. 


• I work a lot. I do like my job but sometimes I do work too much. I get scheduled into work quite a bit and it's hard to say no! Although I do like to be busy and hate just sitting around the house doing nothing productive, so why not be earning money instead?! Although there is a plus, because I work a lot I always have money - but I have no time to spend it! haha. 
• I love Sunday Roasts! Or just any Chicken Dinner!!!
• My favourite film and book series is Harry Potter. I've read the books around 3 times over and watched the films countless of times. I'm currently listening to the audio books! Last September I went to the Harry Potter tour in London and it was AMAZING. I want to go back!!!


• I love Coronation Street (British soap drama)
• Summer nights are my favourite. I love it still being light outside at 9pm, it makes the day so much happier! I also love it being sunny in the morning as I feel as though I wake up in a much more positive mood :)
• I own around 95% of all the The Sims PC games you can buy - I used to be obsessed. My obsession for it comes in waves and right now I'm not that hooked but maybe over the summer!
• I hate feet. The sight of other people's feet (especially the toe!) makes me feel a little sick haha.


And that's all I can think of right now! Hopefully I'll make another post like this in the future with more facts about me:)

Izzy

1 comment: