Wednesday 20 May 2015

Adult Colouring Books - The Positives!

If you've been reading my blog since I started a few weeks ago you'll know I did a post about me receiving my colouring book from an order I placed online! Well I've now had around 2-3 weeks with it and I'm finally doing a post about them and why they're so good! First I'll talk about the advantages and then I'll discuss the books I have! :)


The benefits;
It's stress relieving - Even the book on the picture above says it! As we're focusing so much on colouring neatly, deciding what colour's to use and what patterns to draw our mind and thoughts is taken away from the thing which is stressing us out. For example, if the thing on your mind is an essay - your mind is taken off that when you're colouring thus reducing the stress!
It's calming - Again as colouring is taking up the majority of your mind, you're able to calm down and unwind. This is why I love colouring when I've just finished school or work as it's "me time".
Stimulates the brain - Colouring is an activity which allows the brain to be stimulated. You're working the creative part of the brain which is great for every day activities.
It's fun! - You're able to put down all technology and just have time to yourself, and it still be fun! I can find myself colouring away and before I know it 45 minutes has passed! 


These are the two books which I own. The larger book called "Art Therapy" is the first one I bought and is the one which all the pictures below are from. This one was a great buy and was around £4 from Amazon which is great! The paper is nice and thick so the pen doesn't run through and the designs are beautiful. 

The next book is "The Mindfulness Colouring Book" and I bought it for £4 from Sainsbury's (A supermarket). This book I have only started small designs in, and to be honest the designs aren't as good as the other book. They're more patterns rather than pictures (if that makes sense..) and I don't enjoy them so much. But it is a perfect "handbag size" book so it's good to carry around I guess! 

I may do a more in-depth review in the future of the books! 

Below are some of the drawings which I have completed. I do like to take my time with the drawings and not rush them, I think it may also be because I take so long to decide what colour(s) I want to use haha. 




Have you tried colouring books?

Izzy

Further reading;

1 comment:

  1. I love these adult colouring books. I have the same Art Therapy Anti-Stress Colouring book as you. A friend gave it to me when I was in hospital for a couple of months and it started a bit of a craze because the other patients started buying the Art Therapy books, and then we got together and photocopied pages out of the different Art Therapy books for everyone to colour. I also have another one called Secret Garden which is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete