Monday 11 May 2015

How To Relax and Have "Me Time"

After a long day (whether it be at work/school or doing whatever) it's important to relax and have some "me time". If you know you've got a busy week ahead, try and plan in slots of "me time" so you can have some time to yourself to be alone and relax.

Especially during stressful times during the school year (such as now) it's important we find time for ourselves to stop the stress getting to us, too much and leading to much greater problems. Here are some ways which I love to relax and I've found helpful and also some ways which I've found online!


Taking a bath/shower
One of my favourite times of the day is when I have a bath/shower. I usually have one in the evening about 2 hours before I go to bed so I have enough time to unwind. Baths are my favourite as you're lying down in a nice warm environment with lovely smells around you. I love to take a magazine in with me so I have something to read, and can easily spend 20-30 minutes in the bath at a time! And afterwards you're squeaky clean and feel great. Once a week I usually treat myself and use a bath bomb from Lush. These are my favourite baths as they feel much more luxurious. Here are some pictures below. The bath bomb I'm showing is the "Bubblegrub" and I bought it around Easter so I don't know if it's still available sorry!


Going for a walk 
I love to do this especially now the weather is getting nicer! As summer comes into season the nights get longer and if it all gets too much for me nothing beats a nice evening walk! I am lucky enough to live in an area surrounded by the country side and nature trails, therefore I love to explore them when I can! Now I'm starting to go for runs more, I can't wait to try out these tracks when I'm running! The perks of going for a walk are that you can either go alone or with someone else. When going along you can just put in your headphones and completely zone out, and take your mind off whatever is stressing you out. If with someone else it allows you to get everything off your chest you were thinking and what was making you so stressed!

Reading/listening to an audio book
Reading takes you to another world (if you get into a good book!) and can help you relax. I love listening to audio books as I can take the book in easier if I'm being read to! Currently I'm reading Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone. Find a nice quite area (either in or out of your house!) and just sit down for 20 minutes a day to give yourself some space and allow yourself a break.

Painting your nails
This is obviously more of a girly one..but I love painting my nails! I also love getting my nails done at the salon but it costs too much money haha. Again painting your nails gives you around 30 minutes to yourself to be with your thoughts and away from any situation which is stressing you out.

Here are just a few ways in which I find helpful! Obviously there's tonnes more such as painting, drawing, baking, singing or doing whatever makes you happy! Remember to take time for yourself as your mental and physical health is worth much more than any exams or job :)

Izzy

Further reading;
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/archive-redirects/stress-guide-2012/how-to-relax/#
http://www.webmd.boots.com/women/guide/me-time


No comments:

Post a Comment